The North Shore Hebrew School offers an exciting educational experience that encourages family involvement and inspires joy and pride in being Jewish. Hebrew language, holidays, culture and tradition are taught in an inclusive setting.
Experienced teachers and dedicated parent volunteers ensure maximum support for our children.
It is our belief that religious education is best imparted in a partnership between the synagogue and the home – therefore Jewish Family Education is an integral component of our curriculum.
It is the goal of the North Shore Hebrew School to nurture each child’s personal and spiritual growth and produce young learners whose strength of character and Jewish identity assist them in their commitment to Jewish continuity and the improvement of the world in which we live.
Our intended impacts
Our school philosophy is based on the following premises:
- Jewish education is fun!
- Jewish education is relevant and applicable for the modern family
- Hebrew school connects Jewish families
As an extension from the above premises, our programs offer students an opportunity to:
- Gain a deep knowledge of what it means to be Jewish
- Grow their Jewish identity and develop a pride for being Jewish
- Embrace and practice Jewish values
Classes run for approximately 30 weeks between Rosh Ha-Shana and Shavuot (September to June)
- Gan Yeladim (Pre K and Kindergarten) Students will enjoy play based learning and art projects to learn Jewish values and the stories at the heart of our tradition.
- Moadon Yeladim (grades 1-4) Students in grades K-4 will follow a project based curriculum . Students will learn Jewish values from the lenses of self, peers, family and community as is appropriate for their developmental age.
- Manhigim (grades 5-6) Older students will learn using the Etgar Yesodi curriculum.
- BBM (grades 7) Students preparing for their Bar and Bat Mitzvah will enjoy a program that focuses on developing their own ideas about Jewish stories and values and learning the value and language of prayer.
Note: Families joining NSHS are expected to become members of Har El in their second year. Please speak to us should you have any concerns.
Gan Yeladim (Pre-K/K)
Moadon Yeladim (grades 1-4)
Manhigim (grades 5-6)
Sundays 9:30-12:30 and Tuesdays online 4-6pm
|NSHS Principal||Rabbi Philip Gibbs|
|Address||1305 Taylor Way West Vancouver B.C. V7T 2Y7|
|Telephone Number||604−925−6488 ext. 3|